|Montreal West Island Music Teacher Accreditation LAMBDA - professional training for piano teachers | RCM piano pedagogy examination preparation|
Participants of the Lambda Teacher Accreditation Training program will be required to have minimally 3 years of teaching experience or with an undergraduate degree in music or education.
Participants are required to attend a total of 6 workshops.
Teachers attending the accreditation program are required to attend a total of 6 workshops. Of which 4 are mandatory workshops as specified by the Lambda accreditation training program, while the remaining two workshops can be chosen from the list of 4 pedagogical workshops offered in the 2012 Lambda Pedagogical Workshop Series.
Assessment for accreditation will be based on
* Workshop attendance
* Viva Voce – demonstration of one's personal pedagogical approaches through giving a critique of selected videos of one's students
* Reflective Practice – discussion of one's concerns and thoughts related to musical pedagogy
* Internship / Practicum - apprentice training through hands on teaching of students guided by our senior pedagogical faculty
Benefits of participating in the Lambda Music Teacher Accreditation Training Program
(1) Receiving recognition as a professional in music teaching
Lambda Teacher Accreditation Training Program
Selected topics from the following:
(1) Philosophy of teaching
(a) Teaching at various levels – motivating students and helping them achieve
(7) Choice of repertoire for students
(a) using technology to implement teaching
*To maintain the status of a Lambda Accredited Teacher - an annual membership renewal fee of $165 plus taxes (from Jan 2013 - August 2013) and regular attendance of our Lambda Piano Pedagogy Workshop Series (over 50%) are obligatory.